[Skip to content]

Young lady on mobile

How to report concerns

If you are worried about a child/young person or think that they might be at risk of harm, abuse or neglect, you can contact the Early Help and Safeguarding Hub (EHaSH) to log your concern and receive advice:

Tel: (01482) 395500 

Email: childrens.socialcare@eastriding.gov.uk

During office hours (Monday to Thursday 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-4.30pm), you can contact EHaSH on:

Tel: (01482) 395500

Email: childrens.socialcare@eastriding.gov.uk

Outside of office hours, please contact the emergency duty team:

Tel: (01377) 241273

If a child is suffering abuse and requires urgent attention because of immediate danger, call the Police on 999.

If you are concerned about adult safety or the welfare of a vulnerable adult, you can access the Safeguarding Adult Website:

Safeguarding Adult Website

For immediate concerns, telephone the Safeguarding Adults Team on (01482) 396940. 

Together We Can Tackle Child Abuse

Government Campaign Led by the Department for Education 

We all have a role to play in protecting children and young people from child abuse and neglect. But right now, some people do not report their concerns because they’re not certain of the signs, don’t know where to report, or are worried about being wrong. 

This means that East Riding of Yorkshire Council could be missing out on vital information they need to keep children safe from harm. The following links provide more information  about signs to spot and how to report, so that children and young people at risk get the help they need more quickly:

GOV.UK - Tackle child abuse campaign

  • All children have a right to be safe and should be protected from all forms of abuse and neglect

  • Anything you notice can help a child at risk. We all have a role to play in protecting children and young people from child abuse and neglect

  • Last year nearly 400,000 children in England were supported because someone noticed they needed help

  • To help protect a child or young person look out for changes in their Appearance, Behaviour and Communication (ABC)

  • It’s up to all of us to keep children safe. Many people do not act because they’re worried about being wrong. You don’t have to be absolutely certain; if you’re concerned a child is being abused or their safety is at risk, speak to someone

  • Report it anonymously to your local council, NSPCC or the police who can provide the support a child may need

  • Information is gathered from many sources, and your report forms part of a bigger picture. Reporting your concerns to your local council, NSPCC, or the police, could provide the missing piece of information that is needed to keep a child safe.

Child abuse. If you think it, report it.