[Skip to content]

Todler sticking tongue out

Useful links

Where can I find out more about keeping children and young people safe?

A number of links to signpost you to information and support are available below:

Advocacy and Participation

The Young People's Participation and Rights Team promotes the rights of children and young people living in the East Riding of Yorkshire. It also provides advice for asylum seekers, young people with disabilities, young people in care, runaways and useful advice for all young people to stay safe.
Visit the Rights4u website (external website) 

Top of page


Anti-bullying Alliance

The Anti-bullying Alliance is a coalition of organisations and individuals working together to stop bullying and create safe environments in which children and young people can live, grow, play and learn.

Vist the Anti-bulling website (external website)


Useful information on bullying.
Visit the Kidscape website (external website) 

Top of page

Bereavement support and safer sleeping  

The Lullaby Trust provides specialist support for bereaved families, promotes expert advice on safer baby sleep and raises awareness on sudden infant death. They run an information line for parents and professionals (0808 802 6869) and a dedicated line for bereaved families (0808 802 6868). Both are free to call from landlines and mobiles.

Lullaby Trust (external website)

Child Abuse

NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000

They are mainly aimed at parents and carers but with sections for young people on bullying and running away. The NSPCC Helpline has a textline for children with hearing difficulties.
Visit the NSPCC website (external website)

Top of page

 Child Sexual Exploitation

Parents Against Child Exploitation (PACE) in partnership with the Virtual College, has launched an interactive online information package for parents on the signs of child sexual exploitation. This free toll is designed to equip parents and carers with the information and knowledge to safeguard children from this abuse.

Parents Against Child Sexual Exploitation

Top of page

Domestic Violence

East Riding Domestic Violence Adult Service (DVAP)

The domestic violence adult service offers support to people living with or fleeing from domestic violence and abuse. The service is available to any resident in the East Riding. Domestic violence adult service workers provide information, advice, guidance, and both emotional and practical support around legal options, housing, welfare benefits, staying safely at home and in high risk cases, finding somewhere else to stay. We can help you remain safely in your home by providing home security measures, including lifeline alarms, fire checks and personal alarms. Domestic violence adult service supports any victim of 16 years or over.

Top of page

Women’s Aid Federation of England

Helpline: 0808 2000 247
Women's aid (external website)

Top of page

Drugs and Alcohol

East Riding Drugs and Alcohol Health Advice Service

If you want to talk to someone because you have a drink or drugs problem you can contact the open access service.

Tel: (01482) 344690 Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm

East Riding Drugs and Alcohol Advice Service

The East Riding young people's substance misuse service offers a free, confidential, friendly and professional approach to helping children and young people with alcohol and drug problems.

Drugs and alcohol advice for young people (external east riding council website)

National Alcohol Helpline 0800 917 8282
Patient.co.uk (external website)

FRANK National Drugs Helpline

A website for young people providing free, confidential drugs information and advice 24 hours a day
FRANK (external website)

E Safety

Report abuse
Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP)

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) (external website)

Guide to Internet safety and safe surfing for young people:

Think You Know (external website)

Top of page

Families Information Service Hub (FISH)

The Families Information Service Hub is known as FISH.

Its role is to offer free, impartial information for children and young people, parents and carers and professionals who have a role in supporting families.

FISH is a 'one-stop-shop' where you can get details of services in the East Riding for children and young people aged 0-20 years.

Families Information Services Hub (FISH)

Tel: (01482) 396469
Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5.30pm
Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm

E-mail: fish@eastriding.gov.uk

Top of page

Injury prevention

Child Accident Prevention Trust

The Child Accident Prevention Trust (CAPT) is the UK’s leading charity working to reduce the number of children and young people killed, disabled or seriously injured in accidents.

The Child Accident Prevention Trust (CAPT) (external website)


Missing Person Helpline 0500 700700

Missing People (external website)

Top of page

Physical, mental and sexual health


Young Minds (external website)

A national charity committed to improving the mental health of all children and young people.

Samaritans 08457909090

Samaritans (external link)

Mental Health Helpline 500 639 000

Top of page

Safe sleeping

ISIS provides information about normal infant sleep based upon the latest UK and world-wide research.  

ISIS (external website)

Top of page

Self Harm

National Self Harm Network

National Self Harm Network (external website)

The National Self Harm Network has a forum where you can chat and get online advice and support.

Self Harm

Self Harm (external website)

A website for young people that provides information about self-harming.

Top of page

Sexual Abuse

Rape Crisis

Rape Crisis (external link)

This website aims to provide the basic information for survivors, friends and family to access the services they need.

Where can I find out more information about local services for children and young people?

East Riding of Yorkshire Council's Families Information Service Hub (FISH), provide a source of information for families and practitioners working with children and young people.

The families' information service hub FISH (external east riding council website)

Top of page